Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Prayer Request and Update

Some of you may be familiar with Kimmy Harris, blogger at Non-Conformist. Kimmy is 34 weeks pregnant with a baby girl and went into early labor a few days ago. Thankfully, they've been able to stop labor and Kimmy is now on bedrest. Her brother-in-laws, Alex and Brett Harris, have been providing updates. Please lift up Baby Elena, Kimmy, her husband Joel as well as the entire Harris family during this time of stress and uncertainty.

And lastly, many of you probably remember that I had been having medical problems of my own. The doctors were finally able to pin down what was wrong with me and put me on the proper medication. However, after a few days, I had an allergic reaction to the medicine. Because of this, even more problems have risen to the surface. I have been undergoing a series of tests these last couple of days that have proved trying, but by God's sustaining grace, I've been doing tolerably well. I humbly ask you to continue to keep me in your prayers that the doctors would find the problem.

Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer. ~Psalm 1:4