Saturday, July 15, 2006

Awards and things like that....

Sallie at A Gracious Home is hosting the Blogs of Beauty Awards 2006. There were over 590 blogs listed and her hard work was incredible and everything looks great!

While Beauty from the Heart was a nominee in the group blog category, we weren't a finalist (that's okay, there's always next year). However, the ladies at Girl Talk were one of several finalists in that category. Solo Femininity and Young Ladies Christian Fellowship were both finalists in the Best Encouragement for Singles category (wow, this is going to be a tough choice to choose from - I love both blogs). My mom, Spunky Homeschool, was also a finalist in several categories (Best Discussion and Best Homeschooling) as well.

I'd encourage you to make your way over there and look at the entire list that Sallie put together. There are so many wonderful blogs to learn new things from. Oh yes, don't forget to vote! The voting for winner of each category will be open through 8:00 p.m. EST, Monday, July 17, 2006.

I've also been updating and adding many blog/website links to our sidebar, including Keepers of the Heart and Home, The Sparrow's Nest and Homeliving Helper. I've also added Pumpkin Seed Press under our ministry section. They have a wonderful array of books that encourage young ladies in Biblical femininity. Make sure you check them out!

Before Hannah left for China, she wrote an article for Issue 9 of Regenerate Our Culture. She interviewed Brett & Alex Harris of The Rebelution on time management. The interview is wonderful and encouraged me in my own life to manage my time better. Make sure you stop by and read her article, as well as the other articles in Issue 9 that center around productivity.

P.S - It has come to my attention that the graphics on our template (minus the header) are not showing up. I'm working on this, but if our blog is looking wierd, please stand by and hopefully things will be back to normal soon. Thanks!