Friday, September 15, 2006

The Appointment


September 14th, 2006. 11:59 PM

I was sitting at my (computer) desk. It was my birthday. Little did I know, it would contain the most shocking event of my life (thus far.) It was a dark and stormy night...minus the stormy (It's Texas. It never rains here.)

Rumors had been circulating that a mysterious stranger from Michigan had arrived. She stepped in the doorway, her dark fedora covering her eyes. (Okay, minus the fedora.) In a strong Midwestern accent, she tried to say, "Howdy." I recognized her at once. In spite of her disguise, I knew we had met once before.

As we discussed plans of a blog-that-will-remain-anonymous, her eyes continued to shift to and fro. She peered through the window every few minutes or so, as though she was afraid of something...or someone.

Rap, rap, rap. The mysterious Michigander jumped at the unexpected sound. The door slowly creaked open, and my boss (Actually, it was my dad) beckoned me downstairs. "Help your mom with the groceries," he said, with a suspicious glimmer in his eyes.

Cautiously, I stepped down the stairs. What were they planning? Was it a trap? It was then that I saw...the someone. It was her. She shrieked and I gasped, overwhelmed by the drama of the moment. It was the girl--from California! She announced that her name was "Agent 90210," (also known as "Lindsey.")

The next day, after a sleepless night, we agree to a rendezvous in a dark alley (Actually, a store). As I applied my fake moustache, the Michigander straightened her fedora and Agent 90210 played with her magnifying glass, we collided into an infamous gumshoe. "Stephanie!" we shouted at once.

__________________________________

We must admit, our meetup was not exactly like that--but it was pretty close. Lindsey's arrival was kept a secret from me (Hannah) until midnight when she walked in the door.


L to R: Hannah, Stephanie, Kristin & Lindsey


We're having a blast. We'll keep you updated.

Sincerely,
Gumshoe, The Michigander, Agent 90210 and Yours Truly