Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Would I? Could I?

Would I be willing to die for Christ? Could I leave everything I love behind and go into hiding? Those are some of the questions I asked myself when I read about "Diana" - a young Pakistani Christian who is in hiding for her faith in Christ.
A Pakistani teen who embraced Christianity has escaped death at the hands of her family, who unsuccessfully demanded she recant her faith, an international ministry group says. Voice of the Martyrs said the girl, identified only as Diana, now is in hiding for her life. She grew up in a strict Islamic family in Pakistan, the group said, and her life was "typical" until she met a girl named Mary who was a Christian, and Diana decided to embrace the faith.
After her parents found out she converted to Christianity, she was beaten and threatened with death if she didn't convert back to Islam. Miraculously, she escaped and is now in hiding.

There are many people in the world who suffer for Christ. Their stories are inspiring and make me grateful for the religious freedoms here in America. Please keep Diana and others who are persecuted for their faith in your prayers.
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. -Matthew 5:10