Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Real Living

Could it be, that God does not merely show the path to life,




but is life?



  • "I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the LORD your God, obeying His voice and holding fast to Him, for He is your life..." -Deuteronomy 30:19-20
  • Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" -John 14:6
  • Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son that the Son may glorify You, since You have given Him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they know You the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." -John 17:1-3. (Italics mine.)

One does not simply get eternal life by knowing God. He is life. Knowing Him is knowing the fountain which spills over with life, and knowing Him intimately is diving more deeply into real living.

“I want to know God like this! Shove me under the waterfall of the Trinity’s joy, which splashes and spills over heaven’s walls. If He’s always in a good mood, I want to catch it. If I’m lost, I want Him to find me. Part the heavens, Lord, come down, kick aside the money tables, trash the ‘Don’t Touch’ rules and embrace me.”- Joni Eareckson Tada & Steve Estes' When God Weeps.

Labels: