Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

Forgive me for sounding cliché. I know thankfulness is vogue when November comes around. These words from a poem by Amy Carmichael (via Jim Spencer’s musical rendition) reminded me how much we truly have:

I have a Savior; though I sought

Through earth and air and sea

I could not find a word, a thought

To show Him worthily

But planted here in rock and moss

I see the Sign of utmost loss

I hear a word – “On Calvary’s cross

Love gave Himself for Thee

Love gave Himself for Thee”…

What more is there to be thankful for than God Himself?

He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death,

and burst their bonds apart.

Let them thank the Lord for His steadfast love,

for His wondrous works to the children of men!

-Psalm 107:14-15


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.