Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Half So Sweet" Album

"Rise up O Church of God
Have done with lesser things
Give heart and mind and soul and strength
To serve the King of kings..."

I have several new songs lodged firmly within my cranium at present. (This may be caused by the fact that I have clicked "repeat" with unusual vigor while on the Virb website.) Happily for me, I don't really mind, because the songs are filled with thoughtful lyrics and beautiful vocals.


What on earth am I talking about? Ladies and...ladies, I am thrilled to announce: the long-awaited (for me) , much-anticipated worship album by the BftH Band.

Wait, you're thinking. They have a band?

Not really--at least not in the general sense of the term. We don't have a band that practices in our garage or ever wants to "make it big." It just so happens that earlier this year, when we asked two amazing, Christ-loving friends of ours (who happened to be brilliant musicians) to lead worship at our conferences, someone (we can't remember who) hatched an idea to make an album of original worship songs, in conjunction with Studio T.

I'm so excited about the results. I hope these songs bless you as they have blessed me. A couple sample songs from the album are posted on our Virb player, http://virb.com/beautyfromtheheartband. (The albums will be available at our conferences in June.)

On another note, our Doing Things Right in Matters of the Heart book giveaway concludes today. Our final winner is Olivia E. Enjoy the book, Olivia!