Saturday, April 07, 2007

Easter Reflections

As I stood looking out the kitchen window, I couldn't help but chuckle to myself. It's the day before Easter and it's...snowing! And not just a dusting, but large puffy flakes. Every Easter, I earnestly hope that the day will be filled with glorious sunshine and delightful temperatures to match my inward feelings of happiness and thankfulness that Jesus rose from the dead. Alas, what I want and wish for doesn't always happen. With the gently falling snow comes a sober reminder. Psalm 51:7 says,
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
The Old Testament records the animal sacrifices required of the Israelites to atone for their sins - a spotless lamb. But because of the Father's love for us, He sent His one and only Son to die for us. He died once for all - for the righteous and unrighteous. The Father's spotless lamb washes away the sins of the world and for those that believe the promise of Eternal life.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain;
Then bursting forth in glorious day,
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
~An excerpt from
In Christ Alone~

Labels: