Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Snapshots

We're back! What an amazing trip! After driving for two days through six states (counting our brief accidental 'detour' into Mississippi), my family and I arrived home Tuesday, safe by God's grace.
Your prayers for my trip are much appreciated. God's presence was as constant as always, but especially evident a few times on our trip. For instance, on our way back home we encountered a storm that was so intense we could not see the road. (Above: During the storm)
Psalm 107:28-29 "Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, and he brought them out of their distress. He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed."

(Above: A post-storm sky)


We toured Arlington cemetery on Memorial Day, visited the Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument, Supreme Court, Library of Congress, International Spy Museum and the Capitol building. (i.e. The trip was busy, exhausting, but also a blast.)
Here are a few snapshots:
(My Father "holding" the monument to the "Father of Our Country")
(Karen, Patrick Henry, and I at Patrick Henry College)
(Agent Tim and our families standing in the Capitol)

__________________

Again, thank you for your prayers. I hope you all had a good week, and I look forward to getting back to "normal" posting.